Exquisite mouth-watering cuisines are in abundance in Barcelona. The diverse nature of the city and the influx of tourists year-in year-out, has resulted in new restaurants springing up all through the city, offering wide-ranging cuisines aside the traditional Catalan cuisines. Here are our top picks of bars and restaurants to visit in Barcelona. The foods are quite affordable, but that doesn’t mean any lack of quality.
- Catalana II is a first-rate restaurant to eat a traditional menú del día – a three-course meal. If you want a quality dining experience while enjoying some traditional Spanish dishes, this might be right for you. You can also get Catalan tapas, salads, fish and meat dishes, rice, pasta, among others.
- Napolitan pizza restaurant made by Italians for pizza lovers. Some of the best pizza in Barcelona!
- Teresa Carles Restaurant is a great choice for vegetarians and non vegetarians alike. They offer a range of different meat free dishes but won’t leave you felling like you have missed out.
- Espai Mescladís an open-air restaurant in the city centre, offers variety of dishes from around the world.
- La cua curta is small restaurant with bug flavors, perfect for romantic dinners.
- Mercat Princesa offers not just food, but has one of the best bars too.
- Marmalade well-known for its broad cocktail selection. Definitely worth a visit after a long day of sightseeing.
- Palau Dalmases Espai Barroc a famous cocktail bar in Barcelona. Not to be missed if you like creative cocktails.
- Tandem Cocktail Barcelona noted for serving fantastic cocktails, whisky, rum and gin.
- Nou Candanchu is one of the best places to eat local catalan dishes.
- La Boqueria Market in Rambla, the famous crowded restaurant is known to offer reasonably prices alongside lip-smacking dishes for its customers.
- Pim Pam Burger
- Arco Iris known as vegetarian haven for tourists and locals alike
- La Caseta del migdia as well as great dishes, they offer a scenic view of the sea while eating.
For other tips on Barcelona, also see our blog on the Best places to Stay in Barcelona.